10:00 am– Call time
10:30 am– Depart LHS
12:00 pm– Arrive at Ponderosa HS
12:30 pm– Watch Fred Morgan Big Band Performance
2:30 pm– Unload Trailer
3:10 pm– Warmup (small gym)
3:35 pm– Performance (large gym)
4:00 pm– Clinic (cafeteria)
4:30 pm– Load Trailer
5:45 pm– US Air Force Commanders Jazz Ensemble Performance
7:15 pm– Depart PHS
8:45 pm– Arrive LHS/Unload
LUNCH and DINNER will be determined. Have money just in case!!
Glen R. Guevara
Director of Bands
Lodi High School
Glen Guevara posted in España 2017/2018.
News & Announcements 4/9-4/14
Congratulations to all student performers of Winter Percussion, Winter Guard, and Drum Majors from this past Saturdays’s NCBA Championships. Our percussion took the 2nd place trophy and climbed over 12 other groups to get where they were. In addition, the WG and DM’s finished their season successfully!
Next 2 weeks for Tuesdays to Thursdays are state testing and on a minimum day schedule.
* All De Vinci money and unsold tickets are due Monday! Thank you!
* band study hall from 3-4pm in the band room
* Parent meeting tonight starting at 6:30 in the band room. We are always looking for new parents to get involved with any of our music programs. Specially, since we have a couple months left and would like to provide the best parent support system for our students. Hope to see you here!
* 2018 Marching Band Section Leader and DM forms due TODAY!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
*Jazz Band rehearsal 12pm-1:30pm. The only day of the week we need before rehearsal before the Ponderosa Jazz Festival this Saturday.
*Ponderosa Jazz Festival (itinerary to come)
– Banquet News: we still need food for banquet!! Seeking entrees, desserts, appetizers, etc. For more info, please contact Mr. G.
– 4/17: DM auditions from 3-5:30pm in the band room.
– 4/19: Leaders and DM 2018 Interviews from 3-5:30pm in the band room.
SPRING CONCERT IS NOW SCHEDULED FOR THIS DATE. CONCERT STARTS AT 6PM IN GYM.
Hello Parents and Members,
Welcome back to the FINAL PUSH of the school year!. I want to congratulate all WP, WG, and DM’s for your success this past weekend at the Elk Grove Show! Thank you to those students who helped out being servers this past Saturday evening with the Lodi Rotary Shrimp Feed. Thank you Barbara Bell for your help!
Band study hall: OPEN to all band members who needs a place to do work, a place to catch up with assignments, or need that extra time to be successful! From 3-4pm TODAY in the band room.
Winter Percussion/Guard Practices this week:
1) continue selling your Di Vinci tickets! Due 4/9
1) 3/5/18- Symphonic Band concert exchange with Garfield HS in Meehleis Gym. Concert time TBA. The band boosters and I would like to see NEW parent involvement at this event that can help with cooking/serving simple food items. This is an open concert. ANYONE can come watch.
2) (NEW) 4/14/18 Ponderosa Jazz Festival. Time TBA
Click here for Ponderosa Festival Info
3) 4/16/18 Fundraiser- Lobster Tails ticket distribution